The President and Council are responsible for the Academy's general government and regulation. They are elected annually at the Stated Meeting on 16th March. The President normally serves a three year term of office. The membership of Council is drawn from the Sciences and Humanities sections. Council formulates policies, decides on strategy and recommends candidates for membership.
Officers and Council 2012-2013
The attendances of Council Members are reported each year. Download the list for the year 2012-2013 here.
The Executive Committee supports the Council in supervising the day-to-day business of the Academy. The members of the Executive Committee are the President, Senior Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, Secretaries of Science and PL&A, Executive Secretary, Secretary for International Relations and a Staff Representative.
Executive Committee Members
- Luke O'C Drury, President
- Attracta Ingram, Senior Vice-President
- Vani Borooah, Secretary
- John McGilp, Treasurer
- Eugene Kennedy, Science Secretary
- Colm Lennon, Humanities Secretary
- Michael Peter Kennedy, International Relations Secretary
- Laura Mahoney, Executive Secretary
- Deirdre D'Auria, Staff Representative