Conference & Public Lecture: The Transient Universe: from exoplanets to hypernovae
news 23 September 201010:38
From September 23 - 24 the Royal Irish Academy hosted a joint specialist 2 day discussion meeting of the RIA, the Royal Astronomical Society, and the Astronomical Science Group of Ireland - Download flier
- High-power transients, including gamma-ray bursts, hypernovae, TeV transients.
- Solar transients and the Sun-Earth connection.
- Stellar transients, including X-ray and radio transients, and other irregular stellar activity.
- Planetary system transients, including exoplanet and solar-system phenomena.
- GIBOR BASRI (University of California, Berkeley)
- ANDREW COLLIER-CAMERON (University of St Andrews)
- JOANNA HAIGH (Imperial College London)
- GREGG HALLINAN (University of California, Berkeley)
- LOUISE HARRA (MSSL, University College London)
- STEPHEN SMARTT (Queen’s University Belfast)
- DARACH WATSON (University of Copenhagen)
THE SUN-CLIMATE CONNECTION
BY PROFESSOR MIKE LOCKWOOD
(University of Reading/ Rutherford Appleton Laboratory)
Thursday, September 23, 7pm, Emmet Theatre, Trinity College
Simon Jeffery (co-chair), Paul Callanan (co-chair), Peter Gallagher, Felix Aharonian, Andrew Shearer, Mike Redfern, Gilly Clarke, Don Pollacco, Graham Harper, Neil Trappe, Ray Bates.