Irish Historic Towns Atlas, no. 15, Derry~Londonderry
Irish Historic Towns Atlas, no. 15, Derry~Londonderry by Avril Thomas (2005) represents the next in the series of Irish Historic Towns Atlas. It includes:
- a topographical information section that lists historical and archaeological details of over 1700 sites (click here for examples) and an essay, all tracing the development of the city to 1900.
- a 1600 map;
- a map showing Derry in 1622;
- a large colour reconstruction of the city in c. 1831;
- an extract from the Drainage maps, c. 1856;
- two Ordnance Survey maps showing Derry in its surroundings and the modern city;
- a number of smaller black and white maps, which illustrate the text section.
- an attractive view of Londonderry, 1685;
- four old views of Bishop’s Gate, Shipquay Gate, the Diamond and the city at the turn of the century;
- one aerial view representing the modern city.
IRISH HISTORIC TOWNS ATLAS No. 15 Derry~Londonderry: 21 pages of coloured maps and plates 410 mm x 305 mm; 10 pages of black-and-white maps and plates and 48 pages of text 410 mm x 305 mm; in a folder 410 mm x 305 mm. Price €30.