Applying for a Praeger Grant in Natural History
How to apply
In order to make an application for funding you will need to familiarise yourself with the ‘Guidelines for applicants’ document.
Please click here to access the online application form
€12,000 is available for the Praeger Grants in Natural History. The scheme will be competitive, and it is anticipated that grants will be awarded in the region of €2,000.
Costs and activities which are eligible
- Proposals for a new, clearly defined piece of fieldwork with a distinct objective and defined outcome to be carried out in 2020
- Funding for additional elements of the overall project may be sought elsewhere
- The only expenses payable are the costs directly related to the research being carried out, up to a maximum of €2,000
Costs and activities which are ineligible
- An application cannot be accepted if the applicant has a report outstanding on a previous RIA grant
- The purchase of large items of equipment are not considered eligible costs
- Grant cannot be made in support of undergraduate or postgraduate student programmes, for school projects or for any part of the applicants' professional work
Who can apply
- We are seeking applications from researchers, including amateur natural historians across all career stages
- Applicants must not be professionally working in the area in which they wish to carry out the work. For example we welcome applications from Botanists who wish to carry out research in the area of Zoology or Geologists who wish to undertake fieldwork studies in an area of Botany.
- There is no requirement for an applicant to be a university graduate however applicants must demonstrate that their research is likely to constitute a significant and scholarly contribution to the area of study
- The grant is open to applicants engaged in research on Ireland’s Geology, Botany and Zoology
- Research must take place on the island of Ireland
The Praeger Grants in Natural History opens on 3 March and will remain open until Tuesday 14 April 2020. Any application received after 17:00 (GMT), Tuesday 14 April 2020 will be deemed ineligible and will not be assessed for funding.
All queries can be sent to email@example.com