DHO: Discovery Terms and Conditions
The terms and conditions relating to DHO: Discovery.
Terms and Conditions
The original website "discovery.dho.ie" was run by the Digital Humanities Observatory (DHO) and gave access to a wide range of Irish digitised cultural heritage. This material was provided to the Digital Humanities Observatory by a number of contributing institutions and organisations, which in many cases, own the rights in the information provided. While the original website is no longer available, the raw data from the website can is still accessible via the DHO: Discovery page.
Permissions to reuse
Unless otherwise indicated in relation to specific elements of the Website, you are free to:
Share - to copy, transmit, publish, make available, reproduce, distribute, extract, re-utilise, display and store the content of this Website in all forms, formats and media throughout the world.
Transform - to alter, transform, translate, create adaptations, summaries or extracts of the content of this Website or to make other derivative works based on the content.
Under the following conditions:
Attribution - You must give attribution to the Digital Humanities Observatory and the institution(s) whose name appears in connection with the content of the Website and keep all attribution information intact (but not in any way that suggests that those attributed endorse you or your use of the Website or its content).
Non-commercial - You may not share or transform the Website or its content for commercial purposes.
- Any rights you have resulting from applicable exceptions and limitations of copyright, related rights or sui generis database rights
- Any moral rights of any other party that may persist in or to the Website or its content, more specifically the right to be identified as the author and the right to object to derogatory treatments
- Any publicity, trademark, patent or privacy rights or other rights that other persons may have either in the content of this Website itself or in how it is used
Limited warranty & disclaimer of liability
The Digital Humanities Observatory does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the Website and its content.
Except to the extent required by applicable law, in no event will the Digital Humanities Observatory be liable on any legal theory for any special, incidental, consequential, punitive or exemplary damages arising out of this license or the use of the Website and its content. In particular, it will not be liable for the following:
- Accuracy, completeness, etc. of the Website or its content
- Any infringement of privacy, publicity or other rights
Disclaimer, Terms and Conditions
Rights to the content presented through DHO: Discovery rest with the original Data Providers of collections. Individual items are subject to the licensing terms provided by the Data Provider. The Digital Humanities Observatory makes no warranty as to the content presented in DHO: Discovery and responsibility for the content provided herein reside with the contributors of the data.