Ériu Volume XVI (16), 1952 (Print Copy)
Journal DetailsPublished date
12 October 2015
Frequency: 1 Annually
Edited by: Eleanor Knott
Contributions in Memory of Osborn Bergin.
Ériu is devoted to Irish philology and literature, and from its foundation in 1904 the peer-reviewed journal has had a reputation internationally among Celtic scholars. In the century since its inception, Ériu has served as an outlet for the work of the early standard bearers of Irish language studies and Celtic studies and of each new generation of researchers in turn.
Earlier issues, along with the most recent issue, are available in print form exclusively here on our website or by subscription to JSTOR, and can be viewed there. Online copies are also available by subscription to JSTOR.
Included in the purchase of this print copy is the option for a free online copy of this issue on JSTOR.
All links below will take you directly to the article on JSTOR.
- Osborn Bergin (1873-1950) (pp. 1-3)
- Two Notes (pp. 5-6)
- Buchet the Herdsman (pp. 7-20)
Thomas F. O'Rahilly
- Irlandais "Acht Ma" et "Acht Mani" (pp. 21-26)
- Some Irish Charms (pp. 27-32)
R. I. Best
- The Saga of Fergus Mac Léti (pp. 33-48)
D. A. Binchy
- The Origin of the 2pl. ipv. in Northern Irish (pp. 49-60)
R. A. Breatnach
- The Story of the Finding of Cashel (pp. 61-73)
- Emotional Reflexes (pp. 74-78)
- Geneamuin Chormaic (pp. 79-85)
- Some Remarks on the Gaelic Notitiae in the Book of Deer (pp. 86-98)
- An Index to the Proper Names in "Saltair Na Rann" (pp. 99-122)
- Welsh "Palach", etc. (pp. 123-131)
- A Poem by Gofraidh Fionn Ó Dálaigh (pp. 132-139)
L. Mac Kenna
- What Are the Armagh "Notulae?" (pp. 140-144)
- On the Dates of Two Sources Used in Thurneysen's Heldensage (pp. 145-156)
- A Middle-Irish Poem on the Birth of Āedān Mac Gabrāin and Brandub Mac Echach (pp. 157-170)
M. A. O'Brien
- Some Developments in the Imperative Mood (pp. 171-178)
Brian Ó Cuív
- A Poem on the Airgialla (pp. 179-188)
Máirín O Daly
- Triamhuin Ghormlaithe (pp. 189-199)
- Brat Co N-Auib, etc. (pp. 200-204)
- The Structure of the Consonant System of the Gaelic of Torr, Co. Donegal (pp. 205-211)
- Middle Quantity in Irish (pp. 212-218)