Station event to commemorate Thomas MacDonagh
WhenSaturday, May 7, 2016, 10:00
A special event will be hosted to remember Thomas MacDonagh, after whom Kilkenny Station was renamed in 1966.
The event will take place at Kilkenny Station on Saturday 7 May at 10am as part of Iarnród Éireann's 1916 commemoration programme, in partnership with the Royal Irish Academy, OPW and Ireland 2016.
The event will be addressed by the Cathaoirleach of Kilkenny County Council, Cllr Mary Hilda Kavanagh and Lawrence White, biographer of Thomas MacDonagh.
Light refreshments will be served. All welcome.
Thomas MacDonagh features in our recent publication 1916 Portraits and Lives, edited by James Quinn and Lawrence White, and illustrated by David Rooney.
Future station events:
- 8 May - Colbert Station, Cork
- 14 May - MacBride Station, Drogheda
- 14 May - Clarke Station, Dundalk
- 21 May - Pearse Station, Dublin
- 21 May - Connolly Station, Dublin
- 28 May - Heuston Station, Dublin
- 11 June - Casement Station, Tralee
- 17 June - Ceannt Station, Galway
- 25 June - Plunkett Station, Waterford
- 5 July - Mallin Station, Dun Laoghaire
- 9 July - O'Hanrahan Station, Wexford
- 16 July - Daly Station, Bray
- 25 July - MacDiarmada Station, Sligo
Tabhair tacaíocht do thodhchaí an léinn in ÉirinnMake a donation