Open Call08 December 2016
Open Call seeking Expressions of Interest to serve on the Royal Irish Academy's Social Sciences Committee. This Open Call closed at 23:00 on 16 January 2017.
Committee members may be appointed until the end of the term of the current SSC, autumn 2018.
To learn more about the SSC’s work and membership click here
Informal inquiries may be made, by email, to the Chair of the SSC, Rosalind Pritchard MRIA
If you have any technical queries about submitting this form please contact Pauline McNamara, Programme Manager.
The Academy as an all-island body welcomes expressions of interest from all of the regions on the island of Ireland, and seeks diversity in its committee membership.
The Royal Irish Academy has ten Multidisciplinary Committees:
- Climate Change and Environmental Sciences
- Coiste Léann na Gaeilge, Litríocht na Gaeilge agus na gCultúr Ceilteach
- Engineering and Computer Science
- Ethical, Political, Legal and Philosophical Studies
- Geosciences and Geographical Sciences
- Historical Studies (including Classics, Near Eastern and Archaeology)
- Life and Medical Sciences
- Physical, Chemical and Mathematical Sciences
- Social Sciences
- Study of Languages, Literature, Culture and Communication
The purpose of these Committees is to:
- Build public engagement and understanding of scholarly activities in the sciences, humanities and social sciences
- Strengthen the contribution and influence of scholarly knowledge and academic research in public discussion and the making of public policy
- Approach its activities on an all island basis
Fan ar an eolas le nuachtlitir Acadamh Ríoga na hÉireannSign up now