Academy Gold Medals: Call for nominations20 April 2018
DownloadsNotes for nominators The Academy Gold Medal in the Humanities The Academy Gold Medal in the Physical and Mathematical Sciences
In 2018 the Academy will award two Gold Medals: one in the Humanities and one in the Physical and Mathematical Sciences.
The Gold Medals celebrate the achievements of higher education in Ireland and to inspire future generations. The awards publicly highlight and acknowledge excellence in higher education in Ireland and the impact of this work internationally.
Eligibility for candidature is restricted to persons usually resident in Ireland who have made a distinguished, demonstrable and internationally recognised scholarly contribution to the Humanities or the Physical and Mathematical Sciences whilst working in Ireland. Candidates are normally expected to be research active at the time of nomination.
The Academy Gold Medal Nomination Form is available here
A proposer and seconder are required, at least one of whom is a Member (or Honorary Member) of the Academy and/or a current member of one of the Academy Multi-Disciplinary Committees, and/or the head of an institution designated under the HEA Act (1971). The nomination form should be supplemented by:
- a supporting statement of not more than one A4 page, outlining the candidate’s scholarly achievements and contributions;
- a brief (no more than four pages), up-to-date C; and
- a list (no more than twenty) of the candidate’s most important publications to date, including evidence of current research, with an evaluation (no more than two pages) by the proposer and seconder of the five most significant publications.
The closing date for the receipt of nominations is Wednesday, 23 May 2018, at 17:00.
Please download and read the following documents before preparing your application:
- Notes for nominators
- The Academy Gold Medal in the Humanities
- The Academy Gold Medal in the Physical and Mathematical Sciences
The Academy Gold Medals are kindly sponsored by the Higher Education Authority
Fan ar an eolas le nuachtlitir Acadamh Ríoga na hÉireannSign up now