Higher Education Futures Launch
WhenTuesday, November 9, 2021, 12:00 - 13:15
The Royal Irish Academy Higher Education Futures Taskforce are launching a series of discussion papers on higher education.
About the Higher Education Futures Taskforce
The Royal Irish Academy Higher Education Futures Taskforce was established in September 2020 to debate, identify and present a bold but viable vision for the higher education sector on the island of Ireland in the years ahead.
Informed by recommendations and analysis provided by over 100 organisations, stakeholders, interested parties and individuals in response to an extensive consultation exercise, the Taskforce has produced five papers on the future of higher education in Ireland and Northern Ireland. The titles of the five papers are:
- Higher education on the island of Ireland in 2035: a values-based vision of institutions advancing society, culture and the economy
- The future landscape of higher education
- The role of regions and place in higher education across the island of Ireland
- Equality, diversity and inclusion in higher education
- Re-imagining research and innovation in higher education in Ireland and Northern Ireland
About the panel discussion
The HE Futures Taskforce are launching a series of discussion papers on higher education with a panel discussion. This panel discussion will include:
- Professor Emma Flynn, Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Research and Enterprise) Queen’s University Belfast
- Áine Hyland MRIA, Emeritus Professor of Education, University College Cork
- Professor Michael Murphy, President of the European University Association
- Gerry McKenna MRIA, Senior Vice-President, Royal Irish Academy, Chair of the HE Futures Taskforce
- Professor Anne O’Connor, School of Languages, Literatures and Cultures, NUI Galway.
Please direct any queries to firstname.lastname@example.org
View members of the HE Futures Taskforce
Support the future of sciences & humanities in IrelandMake a donation