Information for Archaeology Research Excavation grantees
Those successful for this grant scheme will be notified of the outcome via written letter. Following this, the drawdown process for the grant will commence.
Acceptance and payment 1:
- Please email ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ indicating your willingness to accept the award, and all conditions, and informing us of the proposed dates of work, in writing. You are required to submit a copy of an insurance policy indemnifying the RIA against all claims arising in any manner whatsoever from the project. In all email correspondence please use the subject line: Archaeology Research Excavation Grants and your name. and all conditions, and informing us of the proposed dates of work, in writing. You are required to submit a copy of an insurance policy indemnifying the RIA against all claims arising in any manner whatsoever from the project.
- Notify the RIA of any potential conflicts of interest which might arise during the course of the project
- After your acceptance of the grant and any related conditions, our Finance department will contact you under separate cover to request the financial information required. If your institution is administering the award on your behalf, then we require the bank details of the institution. They may also request tax clearance verification details, where necessary. Failure to submit your details to accounts will delay the grant drawdown.
- You may proceed with making your own arrangements for the initiation of the project following the submission of the required financial information (as noted above). We will begin the payment process for 50% of the grant once the acceptance procedure has been completed and a payment account has been set up. It is advisable to allow up to a month between completion of the above acceptance process and the start date of the project, to allow for the processing of the draw down.
Final payment and Reporting guidelines – by Friday 20 October 2023
- The remaining 50% will be paid on receipt of your detailed report, which will include a fully vouched and detailed statement of income and expenditureusing the template available from email@example.com. Deadline for submission of your report is Friday, 20 October 2023. The report form, which will be available online or on request from firstname.lastname@example.org, will require details of the central objectives, primary methodology used, research findings/outcomes and/or milestones achieved. This report will also require you to outline your plans for disseminating your findings.
Additional notes (please read as these are important):
It should be noted that the sum allocated is the maximum to be awarded and the final amount which you will be reimbursed will be based on vouched expenditure (based on invoices submitted for services rendered and other invoiced costs). Part of the reporting procedure will require you to submit any and all receipts for costs incurred in relation to the project, as any unspent funds or costs for which there is no receipt included must be returned to the Academy.
This grant is subject to the maximum travel and subsistence allowances as set out by the Department of Public Expenditure and Reform, details of which can be found online. As stated above only vouched expenditure is permitted and must be within the maximums laid out below. Please note that these are subject to change:
Domestic Subsistence Allowances: here
Subsistence Allowances Abroad here
Please note that expenses listed as ineligible in the notes to applicants during the application process cannot be claimed.
You must also ensure that the ‘Guidelines for acknowledging funding’ are followed including use of the RIA logo as outlined.
As part of the capacity building element of this scheme, two mentors will be assigned to you. These mentors will liaise with you during your project and will notify you in advance of their intent to visit you. Therefore, you are required to submit your proposed project dates to us at email@example.com within two month of the receipt of your letter of offer
You may also be required to make a presentation on the results of your project at the Standing Committee for Archaeology’s November meeting.