Calling all transformative innovators11 November 2021
Call for applications for 2022 US-Ireland Research Innovation Awards now open
The 2022 US-Ireland Research Innovation Awards will recognise excellence in research innovation, creation, process and invention by an organisation, as a result of US Foreign Direct Investment in Ireland. Developed in 2015 by the American Chamber of Commerce Ireland and the Royal Irish Academy, these awards recognise and acknowledge exemplary ideas, originating in Irish organisations, and underpinned by innovative research, that have a strong social and/or economic impact.
This year, we have some exciting new awards to celebrate new waves of innovation!
2022 Award Categories
- Innovation in enabling technologies
- Innovation in sustainability
- Innovation in talent development
Who can apply?
- The Irish (island of Ireland) operations of a US headquartered and controlled multinational company (MNC);
- Higher Education Institutions (HEI), Research Centres or institutes based on the island of Ireland with links to the US corporate sector;
- Irish (island of Ireland) Micro Enterprises or SMEs with links to the US corporate sector; and
- Irish(island of Ireland) MNCs with links to the US corporate sector
More about the award categories
1. Definition of transformative innovation in enabling technologies:
This award will recognise organisations evidencing transformation – as distinct from incremental change - as a result of the nominated research innovation in enabling technologies. For the purposes of this award, enabling technologies will include, but are not limited to, Artificial Intelligence(AI), Internet of Things (IoT), open data, and enabling technologies that drive digital engagement.
2. Definition of transformative innovation in sustainability:
This award will recognise organisations evidencing transformation – as distinct from incremental change - as a result of the nominated research innovation in sustainability. For the purposes of this award, sustainability will be defined meeting the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs. Applications should solely focus on achieving at least one of the three pillars of sustainability: environmental sustainability, economic sustainability or social sustainability.
3. Definition of transformative innovation in talent development:
This award will recognise organisations evidencing a demonstrable transformation – as distinct from incremental change - as a result of the nominated research innovation that demonstrates how people can impact and be impacted by organisational transformation informed by or as a result of innovative research and will recognise organisations for their outstanding performance in managing, promoting creativity and collaboration in the development of talent.
To receive an application pack, please register your interest in the relevant category here
All registered organisations will be invited to participate in a ‘How to prepare a winning application’ webinar on Thursday, 2 December at 10am.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, 28 January 2022 at 17:00
For further information, please contact email@example.com
Stay up to date with the Royal Irish Academy newsletterSign up now