Watch Vaccine acceptance: Ireland, Europe and beyond26 February 2021
If you missed conversation number 7 in our 'Perspectives and Pathways in a Time of Crisis: RIA Online Conversation series' you can watch it now.
Vaccine Acceptance: Ireland, Europe and Beyond
Monday 15 February
The rollout of vaccines against Covid-19 represents a vital strategy in fighting the disease that will dominate the coming months. In this webinar, leading researchers consider the key question of vaccine acceptance and the challenges facing governments and health officials as they engage with the public in implementing this programme. What are the obstacles and how can we achieve the percentages of immunization required to combat the illness as the crisis enters its second year as a global pandemic? Panellists will consider the science, sociology and anthropology of vaccine acceptance in Ireland, Europe, and beyond.
- Professor Anita Hardon (University of Amsterdam
- Dr Anne Moore (University College Cork)
- Dr Pauline Paterson (Co-Director, Vaccine Confidence Project, London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine)
- Dr Gaëtan Thomas (Sciences Po, Paris)
- Chair: Daniel Carey, MRIA (NUI Galway)
Stay up to date with the Royal Irish Academy newsletterSign up now