Call for nominations for the 2021 Louis-Jeantet Prizes20 December 2019
The Scientific Committee of the Louis-Jeantet Foundation is actively searching for nominations for the 2021 Louis-Jeantet Prizes.
The prizes are awarded to fully active researchers whose scientific efforts are focused on biomedical research with more or less immediate practical applications for combating illnesses affecting mankind, as well as on fundamental research in the medical field. Where appropriate, the prizes could be awarded for research on certain animal or plant diseases of sufficient importance to indirectly imperil the subsistence of a part of humanity.
Rather than honouring past accomplishments, the purpose of the prizes awarded by the Foundation is to foster innovative research work in the Council of Europe member countries and to encourage prize-winners to continue their research, and to make a contribution to their future work.
To be considered by the Royal Irish Academy, you must:
- Provide a letter of explanation clearly outlining how your experience meets the criteria listed below (see ‘Achievements and contributions’ below) and other such criteria as relevant for the prize in question.
- Provide a full academic CV.
- Have the letter of explanation signed by two peers as an indication of their support- at least one peer must be a Member of the Royal Irish Academy, and at least one peer must not be employed by the same institution as the nominee. Self-nominations alone will not be accepted.
- Be employed at an institution on the island of Ireland and/or be a permanent resident of Ireland
Achievements and contributions
Nominees will be assessed on their track record of:
- Publishing high-impact work
- Publishing high-impact work as first-author
- Presenting work at international conferences
- Raising the profile of their field in Ireland
- Securing research funding from international sources
- Supervising doctoral candidates and supporting early career researchers.
To express an interest in being nominated for the 2021 Louis-Jeantet Prizes by the Royal Irish Academy, please make your submission to email@example.com by 10 February 2020.
Stay up to date with the Royal Irish Academy newsletterSign up now