Call for Candidates: Treasurer, InterAcademy Partnership (volunteer position)30 July 2019
The InterAcademy Partnership (IAP) are inviting nominations for the position of Treasurer.
About the Role
The candidate will replace outgoing IAP Policy Treasurer Janine Purcaro (Institute for Advanced Study, USA) and will assume the position of Treasurer for the InterAcademy Partnership as a whole, including the Science, Health and Policy arms and secretariats based in Trieste, Italy and Washington, DC. The candidate will be selected by the IAP Steering Committee.
- Approximately three years, beginning 31 October 2019 through to the IAP General Assembly in 2022 (date TBD)
- May be re-elected for one successive three-year term
Candidate and host academy eligibility requirements:
- Any IAP member academy (e.g Royal Irish Academy) may nominate a candidate
- Candidates should have previous experience overseeing finances and budgets for their home academy or another relevant organisation
- Treasurers are elected in their individual capacities
Treasurer role description (Volunteer):
- A time commitment of 2% annually is anticipated (approximately 36 hours/year), but with activity in spurts, especially associated with financial quarter- and year-end.
- Review and provide oversight for IAP (Washington, DC and Trieste, Italy) finances and budgets quarterly
- Review and approve all IAP Policy invoices and reimbursement requests via web-based approval system
- Review and approve IAP Policy monthly financial statements (prepared by accounting firm)
- Assume fiduciary responsibility for all financial books and records of IAP Policy
- Coordinate closely with IAP secretariat staff, NAS and TWAS financial staff, IAP Policy accounting firm, auditing firms, and IAP steering committee
To express an interest in being nominated for this position by the Royal Irish Academy, please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 19 August 2019:
- A brief narrative profile (bio)
- A motivation letter outlining why you are interested in and qualified for the role, your relevant financial, accounting and budgeting experience, and the amount of time you would be willing to commit
- A list of your qualifications
The Royal Irish Academy is happy to nominate suitable candidates for this role. While the Academy will fully endorse successful candidates and assist in communicating their activities to national academics and policymakers, the successful candidate’s involvement will be self-funded, or if applicable, funded by his/her home institution.
A list and the profiles of all candidates will be circulated to the IAP Steering Committee in September 2019. The outcome of the IAP Treasurer election will be communicated to the candidates and the nominating academies by the end of September 2019 and will be announced publicly in October 2019, or as soon as a suitable candidate has been identified.
Stay up to date with the Royal Irish Academy newsletterSign up now