Call for Experts14 October 2016
EASAC are seeking nominations for membership of it's Environmental Steering Panel.
The Environmental Steering Panel provides independent and leading edge scientific assessment.
The Academy’s nominee would be expected to:
- Attend each meeting of the Steering Panel
- Update the Academy with a formal report after each meeting of the Steering Panel
- Suggest potential projects or reports on environmental issues of concern
- Provide comments on draft EASAC publications pertaining to the Environment
- Brief Irish stakeholders regarding EASAC’s reports, publications and other relevant outputs
- Be available to the media as the ‘Royal Irish Academy’s nominee to the EASAC Environmental Steering Panel.
- Support in the drafting of Academy Press Releases
- Evaluate potential Academy nominees to EASAC
- Contribute to the Academy’s ‘International Delegates Report’.
- Liaise with the Academy’s National Committees where appropriate.
If you are interested in becoming the Academy’s nominee, please email the Head of Policy and International Relations, John Maguire at email@example.com by 28 October attaching a short supporting statement outlining your suitability as a candidate. All nominations will be reviewed by a panel chaired by the Academy’s Policy and International Relations Secretary, Professor Peter McHugh.
Stay up to date with the Royal Irish Academy newsletterSign up now