Plan S Briefing Session
WhenTuesday, January 22, 2019, 10:30 - 13:00
You are invited to attend a Plan S Briefing Session, hosted by the National Open Research Forum (NORF) in conjunction with the Royal Irish Academy.
The session will raise awareness of Science Europe’s “Plan S” and its implications for Irish researchers seeking European Union funding post 1 January 2020. It will brief the research community on the work of the National Open Research Forum and IReL in positioning Ireland to engage with open research and the open access agenda. It will also invite researchers’ views to inform the development of Ireland’s national response to the Plan S consultation, and to inform next steps nationally.
- Dr. Gemma Irvine, Head of Policy and Strategic Planning, HEA, will chair this event and give an overview of the issues at hand.
- Cathal McCauley, Maynooth University, will discuss IReL and the need for change in scholarly publishing.
- Dr. Patricia Clarke, HRB, will give the national policy context for the introduction of Plan S and the options being considered.
- Dr. Marion Boland, SFI, will outline the benefits of engaging with Plan S.
- Prof. Luke Drury, MRIA, will discuss the ALLEA (All European Academies) response to Plan S and perspectives of the European research community.
Spaces are limited so please email email@example.com now to reserve your place at this session. We also invite you to circulate this information amongst your network.
Open access image courtesy of Wikimedia Commons
Support the future of sciences & humanities in IrelandMake a donation