Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy Volume 121, 2021 (Print Copy)
Journal DetailsPublished date
09 May 2022
Frequency: 1 Annually
Edited by: Tadhg Ó hAnnracháin and Tomás Ó Carragáin
Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy is a peer-reviewed journal which publishes original research papers primarily in the fields of archaeology and history, but also welcomes submissions on aspects of culture, including material culture, from the perspectives of other disciplines, as well as submissions in Celtic Studies and literature.
Earlier issues, along with the most recent issue, are available in print form exclusively here on our website or by subscription to JSTOR, and can be viewed there. Online copies are also available by subscription to JSTOR.
Included in the purchase of this print copy is the option for a free online copy of this issue on JSTOR.
All links below will take you directly to the article on JSTOR.
1. Editorial (pp. i-iii)
Tomás Ó Carragáin
2. Revisiting Alice and Gwendoline Cave, Co. Clare: new light on the 1902 excavations (pp. 1-53)
Marion Dowd, James Bonsall, Thorsten Kahlert, Rory Connolly, Chris Stimpson
3. Palynological investigation of a later Bronze Age copper mine at Derrycarhoon in south-west Ireland (pp. 55-90) OPEN ACCESS
Kevin Kearney, William O'Brien
4. Locating historical Dún Bolg and the early medieval landscape of Baltinglass, Co. Wicklow (pp. 91-124)
James O'Driscoll, Patrick Gleeson
8. Therapeutic bloodletting in Ireland from the medieval period to modern times (pp. 227-248) OPEN ACCESS
Pierce A. Grace
11. Percy Ludgate (1883–1922), Ireland's first computer designer (pp. 303-332) OPEN ACCSS
Brian Coghlan, Brian Randell, Paul Hockie, Trish Gonzalez, David McQuillan, Reddy O'Regan