Station event to commemorate Thomas Kent
WhenSaturday, April 30, 2016, 11:00
A special event will be hosted to remember Thomas Kent, after whom Cork Station was renamed in 1966.
The event will take place at Cork Station on Saturday 30 April at 11am as part of Iarnród Éireann's 1916 commemoration programme, in partnership with the Royal Irish Academy, OPW and Ireland 2016.
The event will be addressed by Lord Mayor of Cork, Cllr Chris O'Leary, and Gabriel Doherty from the School of History, University College Cork.
A sign language interpreter will be present.
Light refreshments will be served. All welcome.
Thomas Kent features in our recent publication 1916 Portraits and Lives, edited by James Quinn and Lawrence White, and illustrated by David Rooney.
Future station events:
- 7 May - MacDonagh Station, Kilkenny
- 8 May - Colbert Station, Limerick
- 14 May - MacBride Station, Drogheda
- 14 May - Clarke Station, Dundalk
- 21 May - Pearse Station, Dublin
- 21 May - Connolly Station, Dublin
- 28 May - Heuston Station, Dublin
- 11 June - Casement Station, Tralee
- 17 June - Ceannt Station, Galway
- 25 June - Plunkett Station, Waterford
- 5 July - Mallin Station, Dun Laoghaire
- 9 July - O'Hanrahan Station, Wexford
- 16 July - Daly Station, Bray
- 25 July - MacDiarmada Station, Sligo
Support the future of sciences & humanities in IrelandMake a donation