The Council and the Membership of the Academy have ratified six strategic priorities for the period 2013–18. These priorities complement and will help us to build on the Academy’s current suite of activities, and will inform and focus the development of Academy work for this period.
- To foster the Academy’s all-island and international scholarly engagement
- To enhance its role as a centre for research, scholarship and learning
- To build public engagement and understanding of the sciences, humanities and social sciences
- To renew and deepen Members’ engagement with the scholarly life of the Academy
- To strengthen the contribution and influence of scholarly knowledge and academic research in public discussion and the making of public policy
- To aim for a vibrant and sustainable future for the Academy