Two station events to commemorate Padraig and William Pearse and James Connolly
WhenSaturday, May 21, 2016, 11:00
Two special events will be hosted to remember Padraig and William Pearse and James Connolly, after whom two Dublin stations were renamed in 1966.
The events are part of Iarnród Éireann's 1916 commemoration programme, in partnership with the Royal Irish Academy, OPW and Ireland 2016. Please note that the events will take place at two different locations:
- Pearse Station, Dublin, Saturday 21 May at 11am
The event will be addressed by the Lord Mayor of Dublin, Críona Ní Dhálaigh and Brian Crowley, curator, St Enda's museum.
- Connolly Station, Dublin, Saturday 21 May at 2pm
The event will be addressed by the Lord Mayor of Dublin, Críona Ní Dhálaigh and Padraig Yeates, historian.
Light refreshments will be served. All welcome.
Padraig Pearse, William Pearse and James Connolly feature in our recent publication 1916 Portraits and Lives, edited by James Quinn and Lawrence White, and illustrated by David Rooney.
Future station events:
- 28 May - Heuston Station, Dublin
- 11 June - Casement Station, Tralee
- 17 June - Ceannt Station, Galway
- 25 June - Plunkett Station, Waterford
- 5 July - Mallin Station, Dun Laoghaire
- 9 July - O'Hanrahan Station, Wexford
- 16 July - Daly Station, Bray
- 25 July - MacDiarmada Station, Sligo
Support the future of sciences & humanities in IrelandMake a donation