Preliminary Programme for the National Open Research Festival Published02 October 2023
The preliminary programme for Ireland’s inaugural National Open Research Festival, taking place in the Royal Irish Academy 2-3 November 2023, has just been published on the National Open Research Forum (NORF) website.
Programme highlights include:
- A keynote talk titled “Opening Science” by Chelle Gentemann, programme scientist at NASA on NASA’s Open Science programme, and the US Year of Open Science;
- A panel on Early Career Researcher perspectives of open research and research assessment chaired by Yensi Flores Bueso, Steering Board member of the Coalition for the Advancement of Research Assessment (CoARA);
- Lightning talks on initiatives supporting and fostering open research in Ireland;
- The launch of new projects awarded funding through the NORFOpen Research Fund 2023; and
- Interactive workshops on different aspects of open research, including scholarly publishing, open access, peer review, data stewardship, open source software, and the European Open Science Cloud.
Find out more about the full programme of talks and workshops on the NORF website.
The Digital Repository of Ireland (DRI), headquartered at the Royal Irish Academy (RIA), is the coordinating organisation for the National Open Research Forum (NORF). Ireland’s inaugural National Open Research Festival will be delivered with the support of DRI and RIA and the expertise of the Festival Programme Committee. Funding for the event is provided by the Higher Education Authority (HEA).
Fan ar an eolas le nuachtlitir Acadamh Ríoga na hÉireannSign up now