'The future of media: experience, models, practice'14 May 2021
Watch our panel discussions on the future of media which was held on 6 May 2021
Three panel sessions of discussion and debate themed on the three goals identified in the Terms of Reference for the Future of Media Commission; to identify the Irish experience, to consider the extent to which the current models of delivery are the appropriate ones for the next ten years, and to review best practice in other comparable jurisdictions.
Download the programme
Brian MacCraith MRIA, Chair, The Future of Media Commission
Panel one— The Irish Experience
A discussion on the Irish experience in relation to broadcasting. Particular attention will be given to the independent broadcasting sector, local and national journalism and the experience of minorities living in Ireland.
Chair: Hugh Linehan, The Irish Times
- Larry Bass, CEO, ShinAwiL Productions
- Rosemary Day, Mary Immaculate College
- Bashir Otukoya, Dublin City University
- Jane Suiter, Dublin City University
Panel two—The Current Model and its Appropriateness for the Future
This panel will discuss the current funding models from the perspective of different stakeholders.
Chair: Sonya Lennon
- Áine Kerr, Kinzen
- Kevin Rafter, Dublin City University
- Roberto Suárez Candel, International strategy, future and impact consultant
Panel three—International Best Practice
This panel will explore examples of international best practice of media while also exploring best practice models that integrate, represent and nurture young people and talent.
Chair: Sinead O'Carroll, The Journal
- Sarah Arnold, Maynooth University
- Atte Jääskeläinen, Ministry of Education and Culture, Finland
- Ruth McElroy, The University of South Wales
Fan ar an eolas le nuachtlitir Acadamh Ríoga na hÉireannSign up now