Launch of the Strategic Plan24 May 2019
Today (Friday, 24 May 2019), amongst new and current Members, the Royal Irish Academy launches its 2019-23 Strategic Plan.
The fourth Strategic Plan (2019-23) sees the Academy maintaining its links with the past, its all-island character, its independence and its focus on excellence, while continuing to grow, diversify and modernise.
Understanding its role and clear on its purpose, the Academy navigates the next four years guided by its core values and focused on three main goals:
-Serve Ireland and the public good through the Academy’s research and scholarly resources and by drawing on the knowledge and insight of its Members.
-Represent Ireland by engaging and leading in activities that strengthen international recognition of the Academy’s scholarship.
-Build a Modern Academy by increasing diversity and providing new impetus to the life and work of the Academy.
A range of objectives and correlating actions support each of these goals whilst being underpinned by the Academy’s People and Resources.
The Strategic Plan Committee
- Jocelyn Bell Burnell, Hon. MRIA, Chair
- Pat Shannon, RIA Secretary
- Mary Canning, RIA Senior Vice President
- Richard English, QUB
- Celia Holland, TCD
- Eugene Kennedy, DCU
- Imelda Maher, UCD
- Pól Ó Dochartaigh, NUIG
- Barry O’Sullivan, UCC
- Hugh Shiels, RIA Staff Representative
- Lesley Goulding, RIA Acting Executive Secretary
Supporting the Strategic Plan Committee
- Pauric Dempsey, Supporting the Strategic Plan Committee
- Carol Martin, Supporting the Strategic Plan Committee
- Sinéad Riordan, Supporting the Strategic Plan Committee
Fan ar an eolas le nuachtlitir Acadamh Ríoga na hÉireannSign up now