Freedom of Information
Making an FOI request
When you make a request you must:
- Submit the request in writing/email, preferably using the official FOI Application Form to firstname.lastname@example.org or FOI Officer, Royal Irish Academy, Dawson Street, Dublin 2, D02 HH58
- Be clear enough so that we understand what records are being requested. In cases where we cannot understand what records are being requested, we will help you to identify the records you want. Please include contact details to facilitate ease of access.
- State in your letter that the request is being made under the Freedom of Information Act 2014.
- Where possible, indicate the time period, for which you wish to access records
- Proof of identity may be sought, especially where personal information is being requested, e.g. Birth Certificate, Driving Licence, Passport or other form of identity.
Our website makes a range of information about the Academy available, please review the information available through our publication scheme
To assist you with making an FOI request please review our Frequently Asked Questions
Freedom of Information Unit
Royal Irish Academy
19 Dawson Street