Nominations are invited for the prestigious Baillet Latour Health Prize22 July 2019
This personal award is granted every year for outstanding achievements in biomedical research.
The Baillet Latour Health Prize is a €250,000.00 award granted every year by the Baillet Latour Fund (a registered Belgian charity) for outstanding achievements in biomedical research for the benefit of human health. It was established to recognise scientific merit and to stimulate scientific research and intellectual creativity. The Prize is open to scientists of all nationalities who have not received an equivalent Prize for their personal use. Exceptionally, the Prize may be shared by two scientists who have collaborated closely over a long period. The laureate will be selected by an international Selection Panel in February 2020. The theme for 2020 is Metabolic Disorders.
To express an interest in being nominated for this award by the Royal Irish Academy, please send the following to email@example.com by Monday 16 September 2019:
- A curriculum vitae and a list of peer-reviewed publications (excluding conference talks and abstracts)
- A list of the five most important publications (excluding books and reviews) and a copy of these five papers. Joint nominations must provide a single list of five papers.
- Information on the award with the highest prize money received so far for personal use
• Name of the Prize
• Date of awarding
• Amount of Prize money in original currency
• Amount in Euros at the rate of exchange applicable when awarded
- A summary of main scientific achievements and current research activities, and their relevance for the indicated research domain. Please outline how this work stands out in the field and its possible implications for the improvement of human health.
For joint nominations, only sections 1 and 3 above must be completed separately for each nominee.
Stay up to date with the Royal Irish Academy newsletterSign up now