Planning Your Visit
Welcome to the Royal Irish Academy Library. We are located at 19 Dawson Street, Dublin 2. We can be easily reached by public transport and by car.
Appointments are recommended to access the library reading room and can be made by clicking here. You can also email email@example.com or calling (01) 6090601.
The Library is open Monday-Friday 10am-5pm.
The Library will be closed in 2023 on the following dates:
- 18 December 10:00-14:00 - Staff event
- 22 December, 12:00 - 1 January 2024 - Winter Break
To make an appointment you must be a registered reader, Member of the Royal Irish Academy, staff member or ALCID card holder. Reader's tickets are renewed annually. A form of ID must be provided to register. To register as a reader, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
In preparation for your visit, please read our guidelines below.
Using the Reading Room
- Please make an appointment in advance.
- When you arrive at Academy House, please do not enter the Library directly.
- Make yourself known to reception and they will alert library staff of your arrival.
- On entering the library, you must sign the attendance book.
- Please ensure that you bring all your own materials, including pencils, paper, laptop, chargers etc.
- Bags and coats must be stored in lockers provided.
- Eating and drinking are not permitted in the library.
- You can pre-order up to five items per appointment.
- Access to the Reading Room will be conditional on compliance with the protocols and procedures in place to protect all library users, Academy staff, and the wider community.
- Face coverings are optional.
- Please do not visit Academy House if you are feeling unwell.
- Readers are permitted to take photographs of material.
- To do so, a Permission to Photograph form must be completed and given to library staff.
- These forms are available in the library.
Reproduction and Publication
- Any person wishing to publish, in whole or in part, any material belonging to the Academy, shall first obtain permission to do so.
- Our Permission to Reproduce Form is available in the library, but can also be provided electronically by emailing email@example.com
- If a high resolution image is required, this can be provided.
- Our Reproduction Order Form is available in the library, but can also be provided electronically by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- The publication or commercial use of material belonging to the Academy shall be subject to a reproduction fee.
- This will be determined by library staff.