The International Balzan Foundation Prize04 February 2019
Nominations are now being welcomed for the 2019 Balzan Prizes
The General Prize Committee of the International Balzan Foundation Prize are now welcoming submissions for the 2019 Balzan Prizes which will be awarded in the following subjects:
- Film studies
- Islamic studies
- Pathophysiology of respiration: from basic sciences to the bedside
- Theory of partial differential equations
Each of these four prizes is worth 750,000 Swiss francs. Half the prize sum will be awarded to the Prizewinner in recognition of his/her work, while the other half will later be earmarked by the Prizewinner for research projects involving young researchers or research groups.
In order to be nominated for these prizes by the Royal Irish Academy, the following documents will be required from candidates and collected by Craig Skerritt (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 8 March 2019.
- A statement of reasons for the nomination, including mention of particularly important publications
- A curriculum vitae specifying present position, main academic activities, date and place of birth, nationality, residence and address
- A recent photograph (high resolution jpg) with indication of copyright if applicable
Furthermore, a bibliography including important publications, the citing publisher and year of publication, will be required from candidates in the social sciences and the humanities, while a list of 10-20 important publications with full bibliographical citations are required from candidates in the sciences.
Stay up to date with the Royal Irish Academy newsletterSign up now