Race, ethnicity, equality and inclusion in higher education in Ireland and the UK
WhenThursday, January 30, 2020, 11:30 - 16:30
Race, ethnicity, equality and inclusion in higher education in Ireland and the UK: a dialogue event presented by the Royal Irish Academy and British Council in Ireland.
The Programme for the rescheduled session is:
Moderated by Professor Anita Maguire, MRIA, VP for Research, University College Cork, this symposium will include keynotes by:
- Dr Jason Arday – Assistant Professor in Sociology, Durham University, UK
- Professor Kathleen James Chakraborty, MRIA, University College Dublin.
Panel discussions and contributions from:
- Dr Michael Isichei, Lecturer in Management & Co-Chair of Queen’s University Belfast, BAME and International Staff Network
- Dr Gemma Irvine, Vice President for Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, Maynooth University
- Dr Ebun Joseph, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- Dr Ross Woods, Higher Education Authority
- Professor Anastasia Crickely, Chair, Pavee Point
- Gary Loke Director of Knowledge, Innovation and Delivery, Advance HE
The symposium will discuss:
- How do we talk about and understand race, ethnicity and inclusion in the context of higher education?
- What actions do we need to take to ensure a diversity of voices in higher education leadership?
- What can Ireland and the UK learn from each other in this space?
- How far have we come with inclusion in HE? What does the road ahead look like?’
Support the future of sciences & humanities in IrelandMake a donation