Race, ethnicity, equality and inclusion in higher education in Ireland and the UK
WhenMonday, November 25, 2019 - 10:00 - Monday, November 25, 2019 - 14:30
Race, ethnicity, equality and inclusion in higher education in Ireland and the UK: a dialogue event presented by the Royal Irish Academy and British Council in Ireland.
Moderated by Professor Anita Maguire, MRIA, VP for Research, University College Cork, this symposium will include keynotes by:
- Professor Kalwant Bhopal, Professor of Education and Social Justice and Deputy Director of the Centre for Research in Race & Education (CRRE), University of Birmingham
- Professor Kathleen James Chakraborty, MRIA, University College Dublin.
Panel discussions and contributions from:
- Dr Alison Johns, Chief Executive, Advance HE (UK)
- Dr Gemma Irvine, Vice President for Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, Maynooth University
- Dr Ebun Joseph, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- Dr Ross Woods, Higher Education Authority
- Professor Anastasia Crickely, Chair, Pavee Point
- Dr Dina Belluigi, Queen’s University Belfast
The symposium will discuss:
- How do we talk about and understand race, ethnicity and inclusion in the context of higher education?
- What actions do we need to take to ensure a diversity of voices in higher education leadership?
- What can Ireland and the UK learn from each other in this space?
- How far have we come with inclusion in HE? What does the road ahead look like?’
If you are interested in attending please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 21st, 17:00
Support the future of sciences & humanities in IrelandMake a donation