Call for Nominations: 2019 Young Physician Leaders23 May 2019
The InterAcademy Partnership are currently seeking to identify up to 20 outstanding Young Physician Leaders under the age of 40.
The InterAcademy Partnership (IAP) are seeking candidates for the 9th IAP Young Physician Leaders (YPL) Programme to be held on 24-29 October 2019 in conjunction with the World Health Summit in Berlin, Germany, 27-29 October 2019.
This year’s programme is articulated in three parts:
- A specific leadership development programme with a focus on analysing models of leadership with the aim of developing an individual action plan for personal leadership growth.
- A visit sponsored by the Bayer Science and Education Foundation to research laboratories in the Berlin area.
- Participation by the awardees in the events of the World Health Summit, a forum within which the YPL will be exposed to an outstanding scientific and policy programme attended by a global group of medical and policy professionals.
The IAP are seeking to identify up to 20 outstanding Young Physician Leaders under the age of 40 who:
- Are pursuing careers in medical education, clinical leadership, public health, health policy and health services management
- Show great promise for leadership in their chosen careers
- Are enthusiastic, with outstanding communication skills and the ability, desire and personality to represent the medical profession well when interacting with the senior professionals from multiple sectors who will be attending the World Health Summit.
- Are willing, after the Berlin experience to engage with the wider YPL network, e.g. in developing collaborative projects.
The Royal Irish Academy is happy to nominate suitable candidates for this role. Successful candidates will have their local accommodation and meal costs covered and World Health Summit registration will be waived. All other expenses, including for travel, will be self-funded, or if applicable, funded by the nominee’s home institution.
To express an interest in being nominated, please contact Craig Skerritt, Policy and International Programmes Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 17 June 2019.
Stay up to date with the Royal Irish Academy newsletterSign up now