Information for Praeger grantees
Those successful for this grant will be notified of the outcome via written letter.
Acceptance and payment 1:
- Please email ‘email@example.com’ indicating your willingness to accept the award, and note the below requirements, by Friday, 17th June 2022. In all email correspondence please use the subject line: Praeger Grants and your name
- After your acceptance of the grant and any related conditions, our Finance department will contact you under separate cover to request the financial information required. If your institution is administering the award on your behalf, then we require the bank details of the institution. They may also request tax clearance verification details, where necessary. Failure to submit your details to accounts will delay the grant drawdown.
- You may proceed with making your own arrangements for the initiation of the project following the submission of the required financial information (as noted above). We will begin the payment process for 50% of the grant once the acceptance procedure has been completed and a payment account has been set up. It is advisable to allow up to a month between completion of the above acceptance process and the start date of the project, to allow for the processing of the draw down.
Final payment and Reporting guidelines – by Friday 2nd December 2022
- The remaining 50% will be paid on receipt of your detailed report, which will include a fully vouched and detailed statement of income and expenditure using the template available from firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for submission of your report is Friday, 2nd December 2022. The report form will require details of the central objectives, primary methodology used, research findings/outcomes and/or milestones achieved. This report will also require you to outline your plans for disseminating your findings.
Additional notes (please read as these are important):
- It should be noted that the sum allocated is the maximum to be awarded and the final amount which you will be reimbursed will be based on vouched expenditure (based on invoices submitted for services rendered and other invoiced costs). Part of the reporting procedure will require you to submit any and all receipts for costs incurred in relation to the project, as any unspent funds or costs for which there is no receipt included must be returned to the Academy.
- This grant is subject to the maximum travel and subsistence allowances as set out by the Department of Public Expenditure and Reform, details of which can be found here. As stated above only vouched expenditure is permitted and must be within the maximums laid out above. Please note that these are subject to change:
- Please note that expenses listed as ineligible in the notes to applicants during the application process cannot be claimed.
- You must also ensure that the ‘Guidelines for acknowledging funding’ are followed including use of the RIA logo as outlined.