Judging Shaw exhibition - US and European tour
The Royal Irish Academy, in partnership with NUI Galway and supported by the Department of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht, has created a pop-up exhibition based on the book Judging Shaw by Fintan O’Toole to inspire fresh interest in Shaw’s life, work and legacy. We would like to offer festival directors and venue curators the opportunity to exhibit the Judging Shaw exhibition. The panels are available free of charge to venues, the borrower would simply pay shipping and insurance. We can work with curators or festival directors to create events to accompany the exhibition.
George Bernard Shaw was the most famous Irishman in the world for much of his life – yet, for many, he is now largely forgotten. Shaw was the first person ever to win a Nobel Prize and an Oscar. On the night Shaw died, Broadway and Times Square dimmed their lights in his honour. With his passionate interest in social justice and poverty, in human rights, in public discourse and in entertainment, he was a man with much to say to our times. He was a master of self-invention, a nobody who captured the zeitgeist and one of the first private individuals to understand fully how to generate and how to use global fame.
The exhibition is currently touring the US and Europe. If you would like to have the exhibition at a venue, please contact Valeria Cavalli at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- November-December 2017: National University of Ireland, Galway
- February 2018: Mary Immaculate College, Limerick
- July 2018: IASIL Conference, Radboud University Nijmegen, The Netherlands
- August-November 2018: Royal Irish Academy
- November 2018: Dublin Book Festival
- December 2018: V&A Museum, London
- February-ongoing: Irish Cultural Centre, London
- January 2018: Irish Consulate, New York
- February 2018: George Washington University
- April 2018: Columbia University, New York
- May 2018: Princeton University, NJ
- June-July 2018: Gaelic American Club, Connecticut
- July-August 2018: The Shaw Festival, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
- September 2018: Irish Heritage Centre, Cincinnati
- September 2018 (Culture Night, 21 September): Consulate General, San Francisco
- October 2018: Irish Writers Festival, Los Gatos, San Francisco
- November 2018: Consulate General, Boston
- December 2018: Irish Embassy, Washington