Dublin 1610 to 1756: the making of the early modern city
This is the second Dublin pocket map to be published in the Irish Historic Towns Atlas series. It follows on from ‘Dublin c. 840 to c. 1540: the medieval town in the modern city’ (2002) and maps a further 180 topographical features of the city for the period 1610 to 1756. The booklet contains a commentary on the urban development of Dublin and a chronological index to sites. The accompanying foldout map pinpoints features on a modern base. Colour-coded streets indicate the start of the Georgian expansion of the urban core from medieval to early modern Dublin. This is an ancillary publication to Irish Historic Towns Atlas, no. 19, Dublin, part II, 1610 to 1756 by Colm Lennon.
Author: Colm Lennon; Cartography: Sarah Gearty
Series editors: Anngret Simms, H.B. Clarke, Raymond Gillespie, Jacinta Prunty; Consultant editor: J.H. Andrews; Cartographic editor: Sarah Gearty; Editorial assistants: Angela Murphy, Angela Byrne, Jennifer Moore